Sophia is an academic community where everyone has access to learning that encompasses and supports the traditional classroom.
Sophia is a social teaching and learning platform that provides learners everywhere with access to a wealth of knowledge, help, instruction, standards-aligned content, and expertise.
What teachers can do with Sophia:
- Provide differentiated instruction to support what is covered in the classroom.
- Publish multimedia learning packets to engage students in a meaningful way.
- Flip the classroom by assigning learning packets as homework to replace the daily lecture, leaving in-class time for working through problems, questions, and answers.
- Create a private environment where members can share learning content and ideas, ask questions, and get answers.
- Assigning students the creation of learning packets as a way to creatively demonstrate they understand a core concept.
Learners can use Sophia for homework help, to participate in study groups, and to help others.
Watch the video: This Is Sophia, And This Is Just The Beginning
Sophia connects learners, teachers, parents, and education experts to "encourage variety and creativity in teaching so that everyone can learn in a way that makes sense to them."
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0