The website of the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is a portal to American history with numerous resources designed specifically for K-12 teachers and students.
Since1994, the nonprofit Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History has supported the exploration and enjoyment of the history of America through a variety of programs and resources for students, teachers, and others.
Working closely with schools, the Gilder Lehrman Institute:
- organizes summer seminars and professional development programs for teachers
- produces both print and digital publications
- hosts lectures by eminent historians and traveling exhibitions
- administers a History Teacher of the Year Award in each state
- offers national book prizes and fellowships for scholars
The Gilder Lehrman Institute's Affiliate School Program provides access to resources and tools designed to enhance teaching and learning American history. These include an Affiliate School web portal with lesson plans, teachable documents, videos, podcasts, toolkits, and more. Free and discounted books, multimedia kits, and traveling exhibitions are offered as well.
Users can search a database of over 60,000 historic documents detailing the political and social history of the United States. The Collection includes manuscript letters, diaries, maps, photographs, and printed books and pamphlets from as far back as 1493.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0