The Hunt Institute is a leader in the movement to transform American education, working at the intersection of policy and politics, supporting and empowering state and national policymakers.
Drawing on expertise from every corner, The Hunt Institute works to bring together the best people and resources to sharpen visionary leadership, encourage active dialog, and mobilize strategic action.
The Hunt Institute bases its work on these core beliefs:
- Education is the cornerstone of American democracy and must be available to all citizens.
- A free PreK-12 education is the birthright of every child and should be of sufficient rigor and relevance to ensure high school graduates are prepared for citizenship, college and work.
- Access to higher education should be available to all citizens at the most affordable price.
- Leaders who are endowed with the public trust have a responsibility to make informed decisions that create and maintain educational standards that are second to none in the world.
- Opportunities for lifelong learning are critical to sustain the nation’s economic health and the prosperity of individuals.
The goal of The Hunt Institute is to "use our unique qualifications to help lead the way to sustainable solutions."
Go to the Hunt InstituteYou Tube channel
The Hunt Institute was established in 2001, as an affiliated center of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0