Literacy Design Collaborative is a community of educators providing a teacher-designed and research-proven framework, online tools, and resources for creating literacy-rich assignments and courses.
The mission of Literacy Design Collaborative is "to ensure that every student in America graduates from high school with the Common Core literacy skills necessary for success in college and career.” In the furtherance of this goal, LDC strives to provide continuous, reflective professional development; to integrate literacy and content in K-12 instruction; and to help educators succeed in implementing the high expectations of the Common Core Standards.
Core Principles of Literacy Design Collaborative:
- Align with the Common Core State Standards.
- Promote the distribution of reading and writing instruction among all teachers.
- Make tasks central with clear goals.
- Connects reading and writing instruction.
- Use back mapping to identify the specific literacy skills students need if they are to succeed on a task.
- Foster a responsive system that encourages teachers to adjust their instruction in response to the formative information they gather on student performance.
- Encourage local choice with a balanced focus on results as well as means.
- Be teacher-friendly.
LDC offers educators an instructional system for developing students’ literacy skills in preparation for the demands of college and careers. LDC does not provide off-the-shelf curriculum units or lesson plans. Rather, LDC encourages teachers to build students’ literacy skills and understanding of science, history, and other content through meaningful, CCSS-aligned reading and writing assignments.
Visit the Literacy Design Collaborative YouTube channel
Literacy Design Collaborative, as a dynamic community of teachers, is rapidly expanding its library of exemplary instructional modules, effective mini-tasks, and tools and resources for supporting teachers’ efforts to engage students in rigorous, CCSS-aligned learning.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0