Minds of Modern Mathematics is a free iPad app from IBM that will help you understand how mathematicians and mathematics have shaped the world in which we live.
Through an interactive journey spanning nearly 1000 years, The Minds of Modern Mathematics tells the story of mathematics and how it has factored into nearly every aspect of human endeavor, from science to music, art, architecture, and culture.
Minds of Modern Mathematics is a digital recreation of a 50-foot-wide wall installation that was part of the 1961 Mathematica exhibition sponsored by IBM.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the entire history of math, including the explosion of recent discoveries in Millennium view.
- See the interplay of ideas between contemporary mathematicians, culture, and history in Century view.
- 3D Chronological view lets you step through the entire timeline one thing at a time.
- Discover each mathematician through a high-resolution portrait, detailed personal biography, achievements, related artifacts, and links to online information resources.
- Explore 495 high-resolution images of artifacts selected and retouched from the original Mathematica exhibit.
- View a fully navigable, ultra high-resolution version of the original Men of Modern Mathematics poster.
Note: Minds of Modern Mathematics requires an iPad running iOS 3.2 or newer.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0