My Wonderful World is an initiative spearheaded by National Geographic to expand geographic learning in schools, homes, and communities.
The website MyWonderfulWorld.org is the center of the campaign, offering resources for teachers, parents, and kids. Other facets of the My Wonderful World effort include public service advertising, coalition projects, policy advocacy, events, and state coordinators.
The official My Wonderful World goals are …
- Give parents and teachers ideas and tools to help kids learn about the world
- Increase the number of geography courses offered in schools
- Increase the number of students taking geography courses and participating in geographic activities
- Increase the number of community organizations that engage kids in learning about the world
- Help policy leaders learn about the geographic literacy crisis and encourage them to take action
My Wonderful World is supported by a coalition of national business and non-profit organizations. So far, more than 80,000 individual supporters have signed up to, too, and receive a monthly e-newsletter.
Watch a My Wonderful WorldPSA
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0