Two chemistry apps for iOS are being featured today, JR's Chemistry Set and ChemCalc.
JR's Chemistry Set is a handy and powerful reference tool for all ages and all levels. It contains an interactive periodic table based upon the innovative Rota Period that allows you to combine elements into compounds and display the formation of these compounds using Box2d Physics and the accelerometer.
Detailed information about all of the elements is provided including:Atomic Number, Atomic Weight, Melting Point, Boiling Point, Heat of Fusion, Heat of Vaporization, Heat of Atomization, Ionization Energy, Electrical Conductivity, Electronegativity, Ionic Radius, Van der Waals Radius, Density, Class, Valences, Orbitals, State, Radioactivity, and Year Discovered.
JR's Chemistry Set also includes a game feature called Mad Scientist that challenges you to make valuable compounds like Water, Sodium Hydroxide, and Hydrogen Peroxide. A series of scenes called Evolution uses chemistry and particle physics to describe the universe from the Big Bang to Black Holes, providing the link between chemistry, physics, biology, and astronomy.
JR's Chemistry Set is $1.99 (USD) from the iTunes App Store and works on iPhone 3GS or higher, iPod Touch (3rd/4th generation), and iPads using iOS 5.1 or higher.
ChemCalc is a convenient chemistry tool for students and professionals to calculate molecular mass (molecular weight) of compounds and learn basic properties of chemical elements on iPad.
Main features of ChemCalc:
- Unique elements keyboard and digits keyboard are used to input a chemical formula and then calculate its molecular mass.
- User can also search an element and use it to build a chemical formula.
- Tapping on the number of H2O to change its value for hydrate.
- Long pressing on an element key to display the basic properties of the element.
- Provides English pronunciations of the names of all elements.
- Provides common ions, acids, and bases reference
ChemCalc is $0.99 (USD) from the iTunes App Store and requires iPads using iOS 5.0 or higher.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0