STANDS4 is a provider of free online reference resources, serving content through a network of reference websites and content partners to millions of unique visitors worldwide.
STANDS4's centerpiece is Abbreviations.com, the Internet's largest and most comprehensive directory and search engine for acronyms, abbreviations, and initialisms. Abbreviations.com holds hundreds of thousands of entries organized in a variety of categories such as Computing and the Web, Governmental, Medicine, and Business.
Some of the other components in the STANDS4 network:
- Definitions.net is a multilingual dictionary that provides instant lookup and translations of word and phrase definitions, complete with images.
- Synonyms.net is a thesaurus that provides instant synonyms and antonyms that can be heard in and translated to several languages.
- Rhymes.net is a rhyming dictionary that contains thousands of rhyme entries for almost any given word.
- Quotes.net provides thousands of famous quotations from many authors that can be browsed, searched, rated, heard in and translated to several languages.
- Phrases.net is a large collection of common phrases, casual expressions, and idioms that can be browsed, searched, rated, heard in and translated to several languages.
- Convert.net is a conversions calculator for a variety of unit measurements featuring natural language queries.
STANDS4 has been awarded several prestigious prizes, including Writer's Digest's "Best Websites for 2005" and the American Library Association "Best Free Reference Web Sites 2010".
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0