The Wordflex Touch Dictionary for iPad uses intuitive mind-mapping technology to turn word entries into dynamic trees that you can move, shape, rearrange, save, and share with touch gestures.
Developed in association with the Oxford University Press, Wordflex Touch Dictionary offers a tactile, interactive reference for people who use language creatively, are looking for just the right word, are learning/studying English, and want to enrich their vocabulary.
Wordflex Touch Dictionary features:
- Tree-based view with realistic physical behavior for easy navigation of complex entries.
- Highly aesthetic interface with retina HD graphics.
- Ability to share 'word posters' via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, or printed hard copy.
- Multiple Oxford's dictionary/thesaurus titles in one app.
- Audio pronunciations in UK/US English.
- Flexible search with matches, hints, relatives, and real-life sentences.
- Smart bookmarking notes exact point of interest.
- Random feature that simulates 'flying through language'
See a video introduction to Wordflex Touch Dictionary
The gesture-based Wordflex Touch Dictionary interface facilitates moving nodes around, tapping, scrolling, pinching/spreading, enabling strongly interactive play with words to replicate the elemental, tactile aspects of learning language.
Wordflex Touch Dictionary is $11.99 US in the iTunes App Store. It requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Note: Wordflex Touch Dictionary is a content-rich installation requiring nearly 1GB of storage space.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0