The Library of Congress Teachers Resources provides primary source-based, ready-to-use resources for teachers. Find lesson plans and other materials that meet Common Core standards, state content standards, and the standards of national organizations.
Search the Library of Congress Teachers Resources classroom materials for resources aligned to Common Core, state, or organizational standards. Refine your query by selecting your state, grade level, and subject. Once you’ve found a lesson plan or primary source content that you’d like to use, one click will show you which standards that particular item addresses.
Ready-to-use materials created by teachers provide easy ways to incorporate the LoC’s primary sources into your instruction. Classroom materials that align with Common Core state standards include:
- Lesson Plans-Teacher-created lesson plans using LoC primary sources.
- Themed Resources-One-stop access to the best exhibitions, activities, primary sources, and lesson plans on popular curricular themes.
- Primary Source Sets-Sets of selected primary sources on specific topics, available in PDF format, as well as background information, teaching ideas, and tools to guide student analysis.
- Presentations and Activities-Media-rich historical context or interactive opportunities for exploration to both teachers and students.
- Collection Connections-Historical context and ideas for teaching with specific LoC primary source collections.
The Library of Congress Teachers Resources offers classroom materials and professional development to help teachers effectively use primary sources from the LoC's huge digital collections.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0